A monthly publication of the Meridian
Amateur Radio Club January 2008
Matthew 18:21-35 Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven. Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants.
When he began the reckoning, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents; and as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. "So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.' And out of pity for him the lord of that servant released him and forgave him the debt.
But that same servant, as he went out, came upon one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and seizing him by the throat he said, 'Pay what you owe.' So his fellow servant fell down and besought him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you.' "He refused and went and put him in prison till he should pay the debt.
When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their lord all that had taken place. Then his lord summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you besought me; and should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?'
And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, till he should pay all his debt. So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart."
Update after Board Meeting
After the ARRL Board of Directors meeting I have been busy. I want to establish communications with each of you on things in the news along with the additional information within this e-mail.
I have appointed Emily Bishop, WE4MB and Phil Green, N4PRG as Assistant Directors within the Delta Division.
I will give you a partial summary of some items that were passed and discussed at the ARRL Board meeting.
1. The ARRL Field Organization is amended by adding "Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator".
2. The ARRL Field Organization is amended by adding "Assistant District Emergency Coordinator".
Keep in mind that you as SM do not have to add these positions if not needed.
3. Ad Hoc Background Investigation Committee has provided it final report. There is continue to be a problem with the American Red and ARRL signing a MOU. The American Red Cross has changed guards at the top and we are working on the issue.
4. Frank Butlet, W4RH - past Southeast Division Director an ARRL Volunteer for 50 years was nominated Honorary Vice President.
5. Remove the Senior membership dues as of January 2009. I have to discuss this more in a one on one, if you will.
6. Motion to support and retain Double Side Band (AM) as an emission in the Amateur Radio Service.
7. Several awards approved.
8. I was elected to serve on the EC (Executive Committee) for 2008.
9. Some discussion came up about not enough funds for SM's. It is being studied!
I have the words for all the motions and they will be on the ARRL web very soon. I noticed this was mention in some of the SM telecon that Directors do not communicate with SM's.
73, Henry R. Leggette, WD4Q